Well, it’s snowing. Finally. I’m not one of those huge fans of snow, I don’t hate it but I don’t absolutely love it. I accept it as a natural and necessary occurrence of wintertime. And, yes, it can be fun. It’s a bit of a nuisance when you want to go ice skating on an outdoor surface, such as a pond-out-back, and have to shovel a lot of snow, usually heavy snow, before lacing up the skates. But I was starting to feel a bit unnerved due to the lack of snow. You know that whole “global warming” and “climate change” deal? Yeah, these strange weather patterns make me feel glad to live on a hill…hopefully it’s a tall enough hill, if you know what I mean.
So, this week is the first week of winter session classes at NECCA. I have one class on Monday, two on Tuesday, and one today (Thursday). Hopefully the weather cooperates and stops weathering this afternoon so that the class will happen tonight. Oh, you’d like to know what those classes are, eh? They are: Acrobatics 201 (aka Tumbling), Fabrics 101, German Wheel (love love love) 301or whatever level I’m at, and Bungee 101, respectively. I am also working on putting together my application for the Intensive Program at NECCA. Filming for the short 5 minute audition/application video has already begun, but I’m probably worrying too much and taking it too seriously. I’ve done somewhere in the vicinity of a billion cartwheels, (ok that might be an exaggeration - probably more like 50), because I want them to be very good and if I wobble a bit on the landing, I’ll re-do it. And re-do it. And re-do it. I just need to relax and have fun.
In other news, it turns out my endocrinologist’s officer (diabetes specialist) is not covered under my new health insurance plan. Awesome. That means I either pay for the visit out of pocket, travel more to find an office that is under that plan, or switch insurance plans…again. Whatever, I can take care of my diabetes just fine as long as I know I can’t necessarily count on having competent doctors (“Doctors, Insurance Companies, and Test Strips, Oh My!”) or being able to see my endocrinologist on a regular basis. It just means I need to step up my game a little. No big deal. The big problem, however, is that I can’t write out my own prescriptions or prior approvals for more test strips. Oh well. It’ll all work out in the end, somehow.
If you’re wondering about pull-ups, I’ll have a post with another update soon…I hope. And hopefully with some cool info and diagrams about muscles and stuff. Yay for sentence fragments! That’s the plan, Stan. I don’t know who Stan is.
No comments:
Post a Comment