Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Hey, it’s Leap Day! Happy Birthday to all you Leap Babies!

Today, my mom told me that I should write a book. I guess a memoir type book? Something about my life and living with diabetes sort of thing. It’s an idea, I just wouldn’t know where or how to start. “There once was a girl from Massachusetts. One day her beta cells called it quits. They left in a flash, and it costs lots of cash. Now she wants to go to school for circus.” What do you think?

So many times I’ve let fear or hyper-caution dictate choices, influence decisions, or keep me from doing something I wanted to try. Every once in a while, I didn’t let it, like when I joined the crew team and when I bicycled across the country. Small leaps. So, here it is, Leap Day on a Leap Year. While I haven’t done anything particularly courageous today, I’m declaring the Leap Year to also be a personal Leap Year. Applying to circus school is a leap. (Cross your fingers I get in!) There will be more…but what? I can’t yet say.

Happy Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment