Hello January.
I believe my last post was in October? I'm really good at this, yeah?
We were on break for the last few weeks and classes start up again for us Intensives tomorrow when we revisit the assessments. No big deal.
So, we also have a book report due next week. A book report for circus school? Yes. You read right. This book report is not going to be graded on grammar and whatnot. Our assignment was to read a book on topics such as "how to stay inspired" "how to make a living as an artist" "the creative process" "getting past mental blocks" etc. Ya dig? See, we're all here learning a performance art and trying to figure out how to make a living doing it. I'll take all the advice I can get, and if I have to read some books for that, by golly, I will.
Anyway, the book I chose, Twyla Tharp's "The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life," got me thinking about things and stuff. Things and stuff is very important. Long story short, I decided to take one picture every day. That's my only rule. Take a picture every day, it only takes a second or two. My first picture is that dog sleeping half in the sun, head resting on a stone slab supporting a wood-stove. Oh how I envied her, all warm and cozy on a cold winter's day. Sometimes I think it would be nice to be a dog. Maybe this will help inspire me to write more; if nothing else, I'll just post a picture every day...maybe. And if I do write something, it might have nothing whatsoever to do with the picture. That'll be fun, eh?
Circus!
Just had to throw that in there. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment