Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye Hello


It’s New Year’s Eve and I figured I’d squeeze in one more post to finish off 2011. I probably will be asleep, snug as a bug in bed, as people ring in the New Year all across the Atlantic Time Zone tonight. I’m working tomorrow, which means I’ll be waking up at 5:45am or so, and I’m trying to get over a head cold. Even though I’ll be asleep as others are singing “Auld Lang Syne” and giving midnight kisses, I am actually quite looking forward to the New Year. I’m anxious and excited because applications for the 2012-13 Professional Development programs at NECCA become available in January 2012. That’s TOMORROW! Not to mention that winter session classes start up on January 9. Bur now I also have to put some serious time and effort into assembling an audition video. Thankfully, long-time friend Tim Bradley agreed to edit the footage, once I’m done filming it. First things first, though, I have to start filming! And I haven’t forgotten that I still owe Tim and Andie a wedding present.

Recently, I have been thinking a lot about why I want to attend NECCA’s 10 month Intensive Training Program, what I want to do with that, and what I want to do when I grow up. I think I’m starting to put something together that feels like I’m going in the right direction, but I can’t quite name it just yet. But this feels right; that’s why I want to get in, be accepted, so badly. It’s much different from when I was applying to college. Back then, college was the accepted and expected next step. It’s not that I didn’t have a choice, because I did, but it was the thing that kids-who-do-well-in-high-school did. What else was I going to do? Don’t get me wrong, I did well and enjoyed myself; I even joined the crew team. But I can’t say I was passionate about it. This circus work, on the other hand, has me hook, line, and sinker, and I see many different ways to make a life out of it. So, I’m anxious, excited, thrilled, restless, eager, a little apprehensive, and plain old looking forward to the New Year. I hope you all have great big plans for the future, too! Happy New Year!

And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give me a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Lang_Syne

P.S. I did not forget. I said I would put some warm ups for pull ups on my next post, and this is my next post but I did not put them up here. Sorry. The next one, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment